Tuesday 6 October 2015

OTRA: Wed 30 Sept

From booking the tickets all those months ago, way back in 2014, I was still not mentally, physically or emotionally prepared for all that happens when seeing One Direction live.



8:00 am
Up nice and early to prepare myself for one of the best calendar days of 2015. Breakfast comes first which consists of toast and milk. Ready and fueled for a shopping trip.


10:00 am
I don't normally enjoy going to town by myself however that day I was seriously loving it. I realised I didn't have anything to wear for the concert and considering it was pay day I thought I might as well treat myself.


1:00pm
So I must've walked Reading Town Centre about 30 times but still didn't find anything I liked. On the 31st trip round I noticed a pair of black ripped-style jeans from topshop and went for those. It was a nice sunny day so the rips would allow the cool air to my legs and keep me from over heating- also I thought the rips looked cool. I then went for a blank white cami top from Hollister and had a look in mind to pair the outfit with black hi-top converse, a check shirt around the waist and a leather jacket. I know that's very stereotypical of a 1D/5SOS concert go-er but I was running out of time.

3:30 pm
Mum made everybody hotdogs for lunch. We knew we weren't going to be eating again until we got to the O2 so we had to carb load. I had warned my mum that the train was coming at quarter to 4 about 38473874 times. Yet still at half 3 we hadn't even left the house. My stress levels were going through the roof because we still had to get to London Paddington, get to North Greenwich, have dinner AND make it to our seats before Augustana (the opening act) came on.

6:00pm
We finally made it to North Greenwich. Whenever the four of us (my mum, sister, brother and I) come to the O2 we always have a Nandos. It's like tradition. Doors opened at 6:30 but Augustana weren't on until half 7 so we had plenty of time. The food was absolutely gorgeous (always is at a London Nandos) and with that we made our way inside.

7:00pm
The queue to actually get into the arena and past security was ridiculous. So many over-excited girls and I'm not afraid to say that I contributed to the number of them. You can't even imagine the look on my face when I saw the queue for refreshments. By the time we got inside I was 65 years old. Not really - but you get my drift.

7:30pm 
Augustana came on and they're sound was somewhat different to 1D's previous opening act (5SOS). It sounded like Harry had chosen the opening act and it reflected just how much his music interest has been inspired over the past 5 years. I enjoyed their set list. The majority of the songs were slow and emotional however probably wouldn't purchase any of their music to listen to at home.

Waiting between the opening act and the main performance is always the most exciting experience; the way that the crowd do things to entertain themselves like the mexican wave. It was slightly uncoordinated between the two tiers but it was fantastic nonetheless.

That feeling when the lights when down and a medley of all of the songs on FOUR started to play... It was indescribable.  It was like somebody had just plugged the O2 into a socket and it sparked like a firework. The screams were overwhelming and the adrenaline was like no other. Megan (my sister) grabbed my hand as she braced herself for her beloved Harry to come on stage. A backdrop started to rise and there they were. They stepped out onto the top half of the stage as the opening to Clouds came ringing through my ears and the concert was well under way.

My favourite song was Where Do Broken Hearts Go which was the 19th song that they played. The vocals on it were just phenomenal, faultless and the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed.

The 'banter' between the boys was absolutely on point. It was lovely watching Louis make Niall laugh. ANDDDD I got to witness, 5 years later, the "two bananas for a pound, three bananas for a euro" which hit me right in the fetus feels. My mum looked at me really confused when I had tears in my eyes after that. After explaining it to her afterwards and showing her the radio station video she understood.

The only thing I would've changed about the concert ( only if I HAD to because the concert was perfect) would be that I would've been sat front row because being soaked with a water bottle by Harry I would imagine to be the best. thing. ever.

                                                                 ...

After the show we missed the last fast train home and didn't get in until 1:30am. Nobody really cares about post-concert so I kept that bit brief.


If you read that until the end then THANK YOU very much! Lots of love to you guys xx

Signing off, Lauren
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment